- Sheet: Available in 20-14 gauge with selected finishes for selected gauges.
- Paint Grip is galvanized steel that is processed through a phosphate bath. This provides a corrosion inhibiting, crystalline zinc phosphate surface perfect for adhesion of paint. The characteristic dull gray color serves as a primer for painting.
- Galvanized Hot-dipped in molten zinc which solidifies on the surface of the steel sheet causing suppression of normal zinc crystallization, creating fine crystals. This forms a physical barrier against corrosion. Galvanized steel contracts 1/2 as much as steel. The surface is flat and has a fine appearance after painting. Paintability is superior to regular spangle products.
- Hot Rolled Acid pickling removes mill oxide, improving surface appearance, uniformity and finishing quality. Paint and enamel adhere well after cleaning.
- Cold Rolled occurs with the metal below its recrystallization temperature (usually at room temperature), which increases the strength via strain hardening up to 20%. It also improves the surface finish and holds tighter tolerances. Commonly cold-rolled products include sheets, strips, bars, and rods; these products are usually smaller than the same products that are hot rolled.
Other Materials & Finishes